The Best Buying Experience for One Truck or 100
You'll find the right truck, at the right price, and we'll help ...
- Protect your investment with equipment warranties
- Arrange for painting and decaling to match your fleet
- Coordinate delivery right to you
- Get fast financing decisions
- Take advantage of valuable promotions
- Set up a maintenance program
It's easy to get started.
- Find a truck in our inventory.
- Talk to a Penske rep to discuss pricing and availability.
- Sign and return bill of sale. Penske will begin vehicle preparation.
- After receiving notification that your truck is ready, make payment via a certified check or wire transfer.
A Penske associate will contact you to complete the sale – guiding you through the process to vehicle pickup.
Penske will provide you with the contact information to the location where the vehicle is parked. You will need to take your driver's license, the signed bill of sale, and vehicle registration to the Penske location for pick-up.
Some vehicles may be immediately available. In other cases, vehicles are "active" until the point of sale and will still need to undergo Penske’s 70-point pre-sale inspection prior to pick-up.
Depending on state requirements, you will need the title, bill of sale and proof of insurance. Contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for details. Speak to your Penske sales representative about any sales tax questions that you may have.
Commercial Vehicle Operation
Operating a vehicle for commercial purposes is different than operating one for personal use. Generally, a vehicle or combination tractor and trailer exceeding a GVW of 26,000 pounds requires special licensing and registration. Laws governing legal operation, such as physical exams, drug testing and hours-of-service logs differ for commercial applications. For more details, contact your state's department of transportation.
|GVW Classifications||Maximum Allowable Weight (GVW)||What does GVW stand for?|
|Light duty trucks||Up to 15,000 lbs.||Gross vehicle weight –
The maximum allowable weight of your vehicle on the road, including the vehicle – combined tractor and trailer, if applicable – the driver, fuel and cargo
|Medium duty trucks, non-CDL||15,001 to 26,000 lbs.|
|Medium duty trucks, CDL||26,001 to 33,000 lbs.|
|Heavy duty trucks (tractors)||26,001 lbs. or greater|
|Single-axle tractors/trailers||Typically 55,000 to 65,000 lbs.|
|Tandem-axle tractors/trailers||Typically 80,000 lbs.|
Keep in mind, all trucks over 26,000 lbs. GVW require a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). Consult Federal Motor Vehicle regulations for more information.
To ensure your purchase fits your business, we can adjust your truck or tractor to include the following accessories:
- A temperature-controlled unit for cargo that is temperature sensitive
- A lift gate, walk ramp or side door for street-level delivery
- Securing devices to stabilize freight within the truck body
- A bench seat versus a bucket seat choice may affect efficiency